Maybe you and your daughter are thinking about trying rugby - or maybe you are one who doesn't want their daughter playing this incredible game. Either way I hope you read it and consider your position after seeing what rugby has done for my daughter and countless other girls and women across the world.
So here are 8 reasons why you should let your daughter play rugy.
1. She will learn the importance of hard work.
2. She will learn how strong and powerful her body is.
3. She will know that she is capable of anything her male cohorts can do.
4. She will learn reslience, how to get back up once she's fallen.
5. She will experience the incredible feeling of being part of a team.
6. She will respect others, teamates and oppopents.
7. She will learn to deal with disappointment.
8. She will realise she is unstoppable.
Girls drop out of sport at twice the rate of boys by age 14. Rugby is on a mission to help change that.
Play Like a Girl should never be used as an insult ... play like a girl is a compliment - that girls should be proud of.
Expose your daughter to a sampling of sports and physical activity in a fun, friendly environment with the support of volunteer coaches, teammates and role models. Rugby can be a great option for young girls.
Join the movement in the epic battle to keep girls' confidence high during their youg years and into puberty and beyond. Using #LikeAGirl as an insult is a hard knock against any adolescent girl. And since the rest of puberty's really no picnic either, it's easy to see what a huge impact it can have on a girl's self-confidence.
Watch this video - have your daughters (and sons) watch this video ... very powerful.