Code of Conduct
Links to documents relating to player, parent, officials and coaches/managers code of conduct are available below. All Lindfield Junior Rugby Club members must agree to the code of conduct.
Lindfield Junior Code of Conduct
We support and will follow the NSW Junior Rugby Union Code of Conduct.
1. Be a good sport. Respect all good play whether from your team or the opposition. Form a tunnel after the game and shake hands with and thank the opposition players and referees after the game – win, lose or draw.
2. Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
3. Except when acting as a Captain of a team, never question a referee’s decision.
4. Never become involved in acts of foul play.
5. Honour both the spirit and letter of the competition rules and live up to the highest ideals of ethics and sportsmanship and respect the traditions of the game.
6. Never engage in disrespectful conduct of any sort including profanity, sledging, obscene gestures, offensive remarks, trash-talking, taunting or other actions that are demeaning to other players, officials or supporters.
7. Care for and respect the facilities and equipment made available to you during training and competition.
8. Safeguard your health; don’t use any illegal or unhealthy substances.
9. Recognize that officials, coaches and referees are volunteers who give up their time to provide their services. Treat them with the utmost respect.
As a member of the Lindfield Rugby Club we will also:
10. Have Respect – We will Respect our team, the referee, the opposition, the spectators, supporters and equipment.
11. Participate in good Sportsmanship.
12. Be Healthy.
13. Always try and never give up.
14. Have Fun.
Where someone breaks the Code they will be required to do one or more of the following:
a. Apologise verbally to their team, the referee, the opposition, spectators, the Coaches and Managers and the Lindfield Junior Rugby Club via the Club’s Executive, as appropriate.
b. Apologise in writing to their team, the referee, the opposition, the spectators, the Coaches and Managers and The Lindfield Junior Rugby Club via the Club’s Executive, as appropriate.
c. Do BBQ duty, Ground set up or Ground maintenance for so long as the Age Coordinators in conjunction with the Coach decides;
d. Accept a suspension for 1 game, as determined by the Age Coordinators in conjunction with the Coach;
e. Accept a suspension for more than 1 game, as determined by the Lindfield Junior Rugby Club’s Executive;
f. Accept termination of membership of the Lindfield Junior Rugby Club as determined by the Lindfield Junior Rugby Club’s Executive